Monday, August 30, 2010

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


The third and final book in The Hunger Games Trilogy, Mockingjay  was released last Tuesday.  I cannot remember the last time I was so excited to get my hands on a book.  If you are one of the many fans of The Hunger Games you may share the same excitement.  For those of you who have not heard of, or read The Hunger Games I highly (stress on highly) recommend that you read it!  The books are written for a young adult audience, but it is something adults won’t be able to put down either.

I don’t want to spoil Mockingjay for those who have not had the chance to read it yet, but I do want to say that odds are you will not be disappointed.  I loved every page and was sad when I finished the book because it is the last of the trilogy.    

The Hunger Games (the first novel) is set to be made into a  movie sometime in the near future (possibly 2011).  Lions gate acquired rights for the movie in 2009.  The screenplay was written by Collins and is currently being polished by another screenwriter.  Casting has not yet taken place.

No comments:

Post a Comment