Friday, February 9, 2018

Story Time

Nightmare




“Honey are you okay?”

James is shaking me awake, I can hear my breath rattling my heart feels like it is coming out of my chest.

“Yea, yea…It was just a dream”

I say shakily, trying to calm down. That was the worst nightmare I’ve had.

“Sorry I woke you up, you can go back to sleep now James.”

No response…

“James?”

Suddenly I realize I can’t see anything, when did the room get so dark. I mean I know it is night time but usually there are some traces  of light streaming through the blinds from the street. Then it hits me how cold it is, there is another presence in the room but it sure isn’t James.

“Who’s James”

The response gives me chills, suddenly I can’t breathe. That voice…it was the one from my nightmare. Sharp and raggedy while the rest of the room is dead silent. I can’t move, frozen in place from terror. I wish I was right before about not being able to see anything. There is a shape at the foot of my bed, it looks human but I know deep inside it really isn’t.

“please” I whisper.

The shape cackles back “please what?”

I can’t respond my mouth is the Sahara Desert, my body made of led. Oh god, what do I do.

Written by Teen Librarian Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment